Respect Natural Resources
- Leave the land better than you found it.
- Know and follow game laws and the rules of fair chase.
- Know your capabilities as a marksman, and stay within your effective range.
- Strive for a quick, clean kill.
- Ensure that meat and usable parts are not wasted.
- Treat both game and non-game animals ethically.
- Cooperate with conservation agents, and report game law violations.
If Approached by an Agent
If you are approached by a Conservation Agent in the field, remember they are doing their job—ensuring compliance with the Wildlife Code of Missouri. As the Agent approaches, keep the muzzle of your firearm pointed in a safe direction and follow the instructions given by the Agent. The Agent may ask to inspect your permits, firearms, game containers, and any wildlife you may possess. The law requires that you allow this inspection upon request of a Conservation Agent or other law enforcement officer.